Best Foot Cream for Dry Feet – 2017 Review
The Best Foot Cream for Dry Feet
The best foot cream for dry feet after careful review is – L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream. Reputed for its natural ingredients and effectiveness, the cream does not seem to attract any major qualms.
The Aveda Foot Relief was a top contender but it fails to impress due to its lactic acid content which makes it a no-no for outdoor use. Avon Foot Works Overnight Foot Cream misses out on the top spot due to its re-adjusted list of ingredients. AmLactin Triple Action Foot Therapy Cream is edged out by others due to its irritating effect on sensitive skin. O’Keeffe feet cream falls short of expectations mainly due to its stinging sensation which may get out of hand in some cases.
1. L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream
Dry and chapped sole can be such a bother. Fortunately, there is L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream for the job. Everything, from its packaging to marketing points to one thing – quality. But does the cream qualify to be named the best foot cream for dry feet? Well, if it’s high rating on Amazon is anything to go by, then it surely does. Unlike other creams we have reviewed, this one places more emphasis on natural ingredients. As such it has less risk of side-effects or adverse reactions. For instance, its main active ingredient is Shea Butter which is loaded with fatty acids and vitamins. Besides that, it contains apricot oil which is revered for its ability to replenish hydrolipidic film. To top it all up is a decent supply of vitamin E which plays a key role in softening your skin.
What we really love about L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream (and what probably made us choose it as the best foot cream for dry feet), is the fact that it is free from harmful chemicals like:
The three mentioned above are a common feature in other creams yet research shows that they can get dangerous when used for long periods of time.
- One of the most sought-after creams on the market
- Has generally attracted positive reviews
- Very effective in treating chapped soles
- Non-greasy and is easily absorbed into the skin
- Leaves behind a silky feel
- Keeps feet hydrated throughout the day alongside perfuming them
- There are no major issues reported about this product. Only that some people don’t like the silky feel left after applying it.
2. O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Cream and Healthy Feet Set
This dynamic duo means whether the cracks are on your feet or hands, you are going to get the job done. The O’Keeffe cream is known for being odourless, non-greasy and therapeutic. It triggers a natural repair process on the skin by first adjusting its pH and restoring moisture. Besides restoring moisture, the cream has a unique formula that locks this moisture in. Perhaps that is what makes it a tad different from other feet-care products.
And just in case you are looking for the best foot cream for dry feet that is also hypoallergenic, this package is the best bet for you. Its list of ingredients features things like water, stearic acid, glycerine, paraffin wax and ammonium borate among others.
What really makes O’Keeffe your go-to best foot cream for dry feet is the fact that it is extremely easy to apply. You only need to apply a small bad (once in the morning and again in the evening before going to bed). To ensure maximum results, it is recommended to apply it immediately after bathing.
What is even more encouraging is that just a little of O’Keeffe goes a long way.
- Highly effective, and with a proven track record
- Easy to apply
- Offers good value for money
- Easily gets absorbed into the skin
- Causes mild stinging to severely dry skin (you should discontinue using it if stinging persists or becomes unbearable)
Our feet play a very important role in our daily life. They carry our entire body weight and help us do practically everything a normal human-being should. But what happens when these two mobility organs give in to the weight of cracks? Dry feet are prone to cracking which leaves them susceptible to infections. Fortunately, you can always turn to the best foot cream for dry feet to nip this problem in the bud. All you need to do is sift through all products on offer before you settle for the top picks. Talking about sifting through products, we have compiled a list of the top 5 creams for restoring dry feet. Hopefully, this will make it easier for you to make an informed decision.
3. AmLactin Triple Action Foot Therapy Cream 3. Oz (85 G)
Amlactin contains what the manufacturer claims to be a clinically-proven formula that utilizes ULTRAPLEX. Apparently, ULTRAPLEX is a patented formula that provides long-lasting moisture and near-instant relief. But is this secret formula enough to catapult Amalactin Triple Action to the best foot cream for dry feet list? Well, 88% of its users on Amazon think it deserves top honours. One good thing about it is that it not only focuses on giving you short-term relief. Unlike other creams, it has a long-term therapy aspect to it. Thanks to its alpha-hydroxy properties, it exfoliates and retains skin’s natural moisture. It also draws water to the skin to keep it hydrated all day long.
Despite alpha-hydroxy being an acidic agent, this cream somehow manages to keep a balanced pH. So, you won’t have to worry about skin sensitivity (not unless you have serious skin issues). And there is more to it. AmLactin Foot Cream contains creamy emollients that make your feet feel soft, healthy and sexy. It’s no wonder past dermatology surveys have ranked it as the best foot cream for dry feet (2014 and 2015).
- Brings intense hydration to severely dry and cracked feet
- Sloughs off dead skin and promotes growth of new cells keeping your feet smooth and supple
- Has a special blend of ingredients that ensure long-lasting hydration and general comfort
- You only need to apply it twice daily – meaning it is hassle-free to apply as you can apply once in the morning and once in the evening
- May cause a bit of irritation to people with overtly sensitive skin or if applied to skin surfaces with sores
4. Avon Foot Works Overnight Foot Cream 3.4 Fl. Oz. (100ml)
Avon’s $100 million state-of-the-art research facility in New York is to thank for the creation of this leading foot cream. In fact, the Avon Foot Works Overnight Foot Cream would have easily scooped the top position were it not for the company removing urea from its list of ingredients. Urea is an excellent product for improving dry, scaly skin. It has been the cornerstone of the success of this brand. Nonetheless, the latest version still deserves to rank among the best foot cream for dry feet because it still does the job – albeit differently. Top on its list of ingredients include Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyethylene, Jojoba Seed Oil and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate to mention but a few. All have been scientifically proven to play a role in restoring dry, cracked foot skin.
The main selling point of this cream is that it comes with something called time-release technology. This technology is claimed to heal dry skin and maintain moisture in a matter of hours. This is achieved through Jojoba Oil and emollient beads.
By the time of writing this review, the product has amassed an approval rate of 87%. We believe the approval rate could have been higher if they retained the original formula as it was.
- The cream is light, soaks easily into the skin and doesn’t feel greasy
- Works well on crusty feet restoring normalcy in a matter of hours
- Well-priced and offers good value for money
- Packaged in an easy-to-dispense, user-friendly tube
- Other than the issue we have raised about urea, the cream does not have a distinctive scent
5. 4.2 oz. (125ml)
Aveda is known for many things, but its best foot cream for dry feet dubbed “Foot Relief” remains their most sought after product. With a 95% approval rate on Amazon, this package promises to restore cracked feet in a matter of days. But just how true are those claims? Well, the cream is loaded with plant extracts and oils such as eucalyptus, lavandin and organic orange oil. Majority of its users seem to be impressed with the light texture of the cream. You simply apply this topically, and it easily gets absorbed into the skin in just a matter of minutes after application. Aveda Foot Relief has a nice scent, which complements its laxative benefits. You can apply it after a busy day at work or even in the morning before you leave the house. The result is that the sensitive areas of your feet are moisturized and set on a path to recovery. Besides that, the Aveda cream comes fully loaded with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents which play a role in preventing infections from building up. This makes perfect sense because ordinarily the product restores moisture yet we know that moist conditions can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
The product is presented in an easy-to-use tube, containing 125ml. This should be enough to run you for 60 days or so – you may need to use more of it if your cracks are wide.
- Besides revitalising the moisture content of the skin, it is rich with vitamins and can effectively de-stress the skin
- Made in an easy-to-apply, non-greasy formula (dries quick)
- Has a nice scent which plays a part in improving your feet health
- May contain lactic acid and so it’s recommended to avoid sun-exposure after applying it