Top 5 Best Anti Fungal Cream on The Market
The Best Anti Fungal Cream
Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment is the Best Antifungal Cream for its high levels of active ingredients, its moisture-resistant formula that helps it stay on and the fact that it’s Highly Recommended by Dermatologists.
Family Care Clotrimazole Anti Fungal Cream ranks second on the list for its quick application and affordability despite containing minimal Clotrimazole as its active ingredient.
The third position goes to Lotrimin Antifungal Jock Itch Cream because despite providing quick and effective athlete’s foot solution, it is quite expensive.
Miconazole Nitrate 2% Antifungal Cream ranks as the fourth best antifungal cream because it cannot be used on children under 2-years although it addresses many fungal infections effectively.
And at the bottom of the list is the Lamisil Athlete Foot Cream Size 1z Lamisil Athlete Foot Cream. It falls below expectations when it comes to triggering allergic reactions.
Fungi thrive in enclosed, moist and warm areas, causing skin rashes, itching and inflammation. Therefore, fungal infections especially on the feet can be persistent and stubborn to get rid of sometimes. The best way to deal with any fungal condition is to avoid getting it. But if you are currently struggling with any fungal infection, finding the best antifungal cream is a sure way to get rid of the infections. Antifungal creams are known to treat a variety of fungal infections on the skin and nails. They contain active ingredients like clotrimazole, miconazole, tioconazole and econazole to be able to get rid of all types of fungal growth. However, with an extensive number of antifungal creams on the market, finding the best cream for your needs can be a daunting task. In this article, we review some of the best antifungal cream options on the market to help you make an informed decision.
1. Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment
For all stubborn fungal infections, this cream works well and fast when other over-the-counter medications can’t get the job done. It contains 2% of miconazole nitrate as one of its active ingredients which is a powerful antifungal agent that woks to get rid of fungus and prevent any new growth. The cream is effective for treating yeast infections of the skin, ringworm infections and athlete’s foot. In addition to killing the fungus infection, it works to relieve cracking, itching, overall discomfort, burning sensation and scaling.
The cream has a unique stay-put, water-resistant soothing formula to promote healing immediately you apply it. So, when applied to the affected areas, it stays put allowing you to go on with your daily activities. It is also sweat proof meaning you can work-out immediately after applying it and still get effective results.
- You can use this best antifungal cream without a prescription
- Works great on all skin types even on toddlers suffering from diaper rash
- Easy to apply, lubricates skin and prevents chafing
- Its active ingredients usually penetrate deep into the affected skin thereby providing fast and long lasting results on the spot
- It is highly recommended by physicians as it heals almost all fungus infections
- A bit expensive but it is worth every penny as it does not disappoint when it comes to getting rid of fungus infections
- It is not effective on nails and scalp
2. Family Care Clotrimazole Anti Fungal Cream
Struggling with ringworms, athlete’s foot or jock itch? Stop fussing over that uncomfortable feeling. With Family Care Clotrimazole best antifungal cream, you can get rid of the infection in no time. The cream contains about one percent of Clotrimazole as the active ingredient. It therefore works by curing and preventing the growth of fungus.
When it comes to its effectiveness, you can notice results within the first weeks of applying the cream. This however depends on the severity of your fungus condition. For jock itch, you should see improvements during the first two weeks while for ringworm and athlete’s foot is usually within 4 weeks.
Dosage and length of this treatment on the other hand depends on the type of infection being treated. But under normal circumstances, this cream should be applied twice a day consistently or as directed by your physician for 2 to 4 weeks. In addition, it is fragrance free and works well even on skin around the toenails as well as in the spaces between the toes.
- For less than 10 dollars, you get a pack of five 1oz. tubes. It is therefore very affordable.
- Relieves all symptoms associated with ringworms, jock itch and athlete’s foot including scaling, itching, cracking and burning
- It is not greasy so it won’t be staining your clothes at all
- Works effectively and quickly
- Offers quick application
- The cream is a store brand but is proven to be quite effective
- The amount of Clotrimazole in this cream is very minimal. Users therefore should apply it two to three times daily to get rid of the infection quickly which is not the case for other best antifungal cream options with higher levels of Clotrimazole.
3. Lotrimin Antifungal Jock Itch Cream
This is another popular brand best known for its fast and effective antifungal athlete’s foot remedies. It is clinically proven to cure almost any type of athlete’s foot. The cream can also treat most ringworm infections of the groin area and external skin, diaper rashes as well as jock itch. Its active ingredient is Clotrimazole, a clinically proven antibiotic that fights all sorts of skin infections caused by fungus. The cream therefore prevents any fungal growth and cures most Jock Itch fast.
It also provides relief from scaling, itching, chafing, and burning allowing you to have a good sleep at night. And for best results, the cream should be applied twice daily in small amounts for two to four weeks. Highly recommended by dermatologists, the cream provides fast relief and does not have any side effects.
- It does not stink because it is odourless. You can therefore apply it and still go to the office.
- Greaseless hence does not stain clothes
- Can cure even the most stubborn infections and prevent the reoccurrence of another infection
- Has been proven to provide a soothing feeling to the affected areas
- Cures majority of jock itch while providing relief from cracking and any discomfort
- It is readily available in most stores and very easy to apply
- It is not advisable to use this cream if you had already used any antifungal medication containing Clotrimazole and it did not work before consulting a doctor
- If you fail to wash your hands after use, you could as well get prepared for another jock itch
4. Miconazole Nitrate 2% Antifungal Cream
This is another best antifungal cream that has Miconazole Nitrate as an active ingredient. While most creams can only claim to have one percent of an active ingredient, this product doubles that. It treats a variety of fungus infections, including ringworm, athlete’s foot and jock itch. In addition to treating the fungal infection, its ingredients are anti-inflammatory and help ease discomfort, itching, burning and scaling. When used daily, Miconazole Nitrate 2% Antifungal cream can significantly reduce the risk of developing new infections.
To use this cream, you will need to clean the affected area first and dry it thoroughly. Then apply a thin layer of the cream over the fungal infection in the morning and at night. So, if you have abnormally stubborn jock itch, this is the best antifungal cream to invest your money and time in. It works as advertised with no side effects when used correctly.
- Addresses even the worst of fungi effectively
- Quite affordable
- Available as a thick paste so it will stay in place when applied for fast relief
- Easily available at pharmacies and stores
- Can be used on all skin types
- It is for external use only and should not be used on children under the age of two years
- It will not work on nails at all or even the scalp
5. Lamisil Athlete Foot Cream Size 1z Lamisil Athlete Foot Cream
When you have athlete’s foot, finding the best antifungal cream to fight the infection as soon as possible is important. The last thing you would want is to have the infection spread to other parts of your body. Fortunately, caring for athlete’s foot got easier with Lamisil AT cream. The cream consists of 1% Terbinafine Hydrochloride as the active ingredient. The ingredient helps to treat all the side effects of fungus infections including burning or itchy skin while soothing dry areas. It also aids in killing fungus through triggering a leaking effect in fungal cells.
The product can be however pricey. But given that it works and results can be noticed in the first week of using it, it is a worthwhile investment. The cream also works great to treat nail fungus infections. In addition, it can be used on children and even diabetic people.
- Takes away all the fungus when used as directed by treating the root cause of the infection
- It is quite popular hence easy to find at many pharmacies and stores
- Penetrates deep into the skin to target all the fungus
- Contains a strong ingredient that is a proven anti-fungal agent
- Trusted brand
- The cream usually trigger allergic reactions and skin irritation in few occasions but some people still find the cream very useful
- If not used consistently, the fungus will eventually come back